Printer Friendly Version: Faq


Frequently asked questions

How is my service billed?

Solid Waste service is billed on your Terrebonne Parish Consolidated Waterworks District bill;

How do I get a garbage cart?

Garbage carts are available for new services upon presentation of your water utility deposit receipt at any one of our residential drop-off sites; broken carts may be returned to any of these sites for repair or replacement;

Who owns the garbage carts?

All garbage carts are owned by TPCG; the customer is responsible for general maintenance and replacement of a lost or stolen cart;

How many Parish carts am I allowed at my residence?

Each residence is allowed only one TPCG garbage cart;

Can I put batteries or tires at the curb for collection?

No; batteries and tires (limit of 4) are accepted at the Residential Drop-Off Sites;

Can I put concrete at the curb for collection?

No; concrete is accepted at the Ashland Residential Drop-Off Site;

How can I dispose of my household cans of paint?

Household cans of paints can be disposed of in your regular garbage collection with lids off and the contents solidified. You can use items such as sand, sawdust, cat litter etc. to solidify the contents.

Will the Parish pickup trees or debris in front of my business?

No; commercial collections are limited to containerized waste; bulky waste service is restricted to residential service locations; Ashland Transfer Station accepts commercial waste;

Do I need to call and schedule bulky waste service?

Bulky waste collection should be request of the Solid Waste Division at (985) 873-6739 or submitted online;

What type of proof of residence does the residential drop-off site accept?

A current Louisiana ID and/or a current water bill with the address of the location the debris is being hauled from;.

Can I dump at tilt trailer at a Terrebonne Parish Residential Drop-Off Site?

No; all tilt trailers must utilize the Ashland Transfer Station during regular business hours.