Solicitation Registration Information
Terrebonne Parish Ordinance No. 4511 requires individuals, partnerships, corporations, and unincorporated associations conducting any form of solicitation in the city of Houma and the area of Terrebonne Parish to register with the Licenses and Registrations Office on the first floor of Government Tower, 8026 Main Street, Houma, LA 70360, and carry a solicitor identification card while soliciting.
- Applies to any person desiring to solicit within Terrebonne Parish
Each solicitor must complete an application in person or online and bring a notarized application to the Licenses and Registrations Office in Government Tower:
- Registration fee is $20.00, with an additional fee of $1.00 per identification card, required annually
- Accepted only during weekday business hours of 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Applicants must provide:
- Valid government-issued photo identification
- Name, address, and signature
- Represented partnership/corporation/unincorporated association name, address, and means to solicit
- Notarized copy of application
Solicitors are required to:
- Operate only between the hours of 9 a.m. and 9 p.m.
- Visibly display the provided identification card at all times
- Observe "No Solicitation" signs
- Respect occupant's request if asked to leave
- Ask to see the solicitor's identification card before engaging in any business
- Report any violations within city limits to the Houma Police Department (985-873-6371) and violations outside of city limits to the Terrebonne Parish Sherriff's Office (985-876-2500) where fines and penalties can be enforced
- To see a complete list of current registered solicitors, visit tpcg.org/solicitor