You are here:

Recovery Assistance & Mitigation Planning

Recovery Planner Jennifer Gerbasi


Notice for Properties in the V Zone

If you are applying for federal Hazard Mitigation Grant funding to elevate your home through the Parish or the State, ask the surveyor if the structure is in a V zone on the DFIRM maps. If so, then the programs require the structure to be elevated at least to the DFIRM height.

The Parish Traditional HMGP program requires DFIRM plus 1 foot for all elevations regardless of zone. The Parish suggests that all structures be elevated to one foot above the legal or program required limit in case of settling or contractor error. There are insurance benefits as well.

Return To Top