Recovery Assistance & Mitigation Planning

Recovery Planner Jennifer Gerbasi


Items Needed to Complete the Application
(Partial List)

The following documents will be needed to fill out the application to see if you might be funded by the grant. The estimate should be free. The Elevation Certificate is provided by a licensed surveyor at your cost. This will not be reimbursed whether the project is funded or not.

  • elevation certificate
  • contractor estimates - itemized (elevations quotes should be based on DFIRM plus one foot)
  • engineered elevation plans included in estimate from contractor
  • insurance information/ policy and losses
  • road home or ICC funding awards
  • photographs of house and property (digital photos best), all four sides of the structure

You can call for an appointment before you have all of these documents, but it sometimes takes a while to get contractors and surveyors to the house. There are other contractors, but they have not provided the parish with copies of their required state registrations or licenses at this time. You must hire a contractor with proper registration or licensing to participate in the program.

Return To Top