Applying for a Coastal Use Permit (CUP)
Coastal Use Permits can be applied for and obtained from the Louisiana Department of Natural Resources. Coastal Use Permit Applications and most associated documentation are available to the public through the Louisiana Department of Natural Resources Strategic Online Natural Resource Information System (SONRIS) database.
To access information concerning permits and applications, follow these steps:
- Visit http://www.sonris.com/
- In the left-hand frame, click Data Access.
- Under "Java Based" click CUP Inquiry.
- In the main page window, click Search Coastal Use Permit Database.
- Enter as much or as little information as desired into the search fields and click Search.
- To access basic information about a search result, click the linked Permit Number under the "CUP NUM" column on the results page.
- To access detailed information including complete permit application; application drawings; GIS information; interagency & public comments; and copies of public notices & correspondence between agencies, applicants, and application agents, click the word Online under the "FILED" column on the results page.
- JavaTM software required-download at http://www.java.com
- Only permits applied for in 2006 or later are filed online. If you need information on a permit that is not filed online, please call the Louisiana Department of Natural Resources Coastal Management Division at (225) 342-7591.
- Some files require other software to access. Please visit the SONRIS Downloads Page for more information and links to software downloads.
For inquiries relative to Coastal Use Permits requirements, please contact the Terrebonne Parish Consolidated Government Office of Coastal Protection and Restoration at (985) 873-6889, or email email@example.com.